Rouleur Pinot Noir

Rouleur Pinot Noir


Regular price $35.00 Sale


"Our 2021 vintage Pinot Noir hails from two sloping, northerly facing vineyards, each situated in a different sub district of the Yarra Valley. The greater portion of fruit (60%) comes from a 38 year old vineyard in Silvan, where the soil consists of both red and grey volcanic clay loam. This parcel offers prettiness, texture and fragrant spice to our finished wine. The remaining parcel of fruit (40%) is sourced from a vineyard just out of Healesville where the soil is compact heavy clay loam. This site sits at 150m and is quite protected from harsh northerly winds due to surrounding trees and topography. Ripening around 2 weeks earlier than Silvan, we find this block provides fruit weight and drive to the blend."

Tasting Note

"On the nose thereÕs fragrant cherry and rosewater florals, backed by earthy sulfide and subtle stems from whole bunches used during ferment (40%). The palate has plenty of flavour and boasts long, dusty tannins backed by jubey red fruit and anise-like spice to finish. A wine that drinks well now, but will evolve beautifully in bottle over the next 3 plus years. " - Winemakers note