SCHWARZ 'THE GROWER' SHIRAZ

SCHWARZ 'THE GROWER' SHIRAZ

SCHWARZ

Regular price $24.00 Sale

Background

The fruit for this wine was grown over six sub regions in the Barossa Valley & was sourced from eleven growers from vineyards in Bethany, Vine Vale, Stonewell, Light Pass, Marananga & Hallett Valley. Each sub region has its own unique character, adding personality to the final blend. All fruit was fermented in small open fermenters with wild yeast (naturally occurring yeast from the vineyard) Pump overs, hand plunging and foot stomping was carried out as required. The wines were softly pressed and kept separately until final blending in late May 2020. 88% of this wine was matured in French oak puncheons, hogsheads and an old 2350L wooden vat. The remaining 12% was tank matured.

Tasting Note

"This year’s Grower Shiraz is a thrilling release. The full spectrum of Barossa Shiraz’s aromatic capability is here on show, from scorched earth, bitter couverture chocolate, just-dried raisin, sweet red licorice and cola bean, all heady, defined and un-wound for all to see. Here, the fine line between luxurious fruit and energy is walked gracefully, its warming and full-blooded nature tethered by lifted acidity." - Christian Canala